Saturday, September 29, 2012

I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

Organizing makes me giddy. I'm like a kid in a candy shop! I love the process of organizing... creating order from chaos. I love the look of organizing... all those colorful options! I love the result of organizing... peace and harmony!

There is something to be said for the use of color in life. Color that is vivid and rich, quiet and subdued, bold or subtle. Color speaks so loudly to me that I am not sure I can imagine trying to organize my life without it. Don't get me wrong... I like the crisp, clean lines of white. I sort of envy anyone for whom a monochromatic life scheme works. But I am not one of those people. So I color code my life. I choose to organize in living color. And I love it!

Here is my basic life color scheme...

RED = IMPORTANT
TEAL = EVERYDAY
YELLOW = WELLNESS
GREEN = WEALTH
ORANGE = HOUSEHOLD
PURPLE = INTERESTS
PINK = MARY KAY

I'm in the process of revising my old color scheme, which I've used for about 4 years. It just needed to be updated a little and I love the new basic color scheme! It just seems a little more versatile. The old color scheme went something like this...

Green = MK Income Opportunities
Pink = MK support time and training
Purple = MK Team
Yellow = Family
Light Blue = Community
Orange = Household support
Dark Blue = Spiritual
Red = Personal

I like the new color scheme because it can grow with me. And it won't just be used for my schedule, but for my files and more.

So there you have it. The jumping off point for how I'm going to organize my life in living color. One system at a time... =D

No comments:

Post a Comment