Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Focus... Master Bathroom!

Whew!! We're ALMOST done with the Master Suite! How is yours coming along? We started with the Master Bedroom in January, the Master Closet in February, and now we're ready to finish the trifecta with the Master Bathroom! To see all the posts in this series, click HERE.

So... here we go with another round of before pictures to analyze! I have to admit that the only good thing about these before pictures (aside from the help they give in figuring out what isn't working) is knowing how much better the after pictures will look in a month!!

My counter isn't often this cluttered, but lately it has been. Also, I have this bad habit of letting the trash pile up instead of just emptying it. 
This is our little toilet cubby. The biggest issue here is that I am pretty bad at remembering to refill the toilet paper canister. 
Here's the shower (and, apparently, a random doll hat on the floor) in our bathroom. 
This is the bathtub nook. I apparently like to drink Diet Dr. Pepper in the bathtub. I'm not sure those last 3 words were necessary. I think I just like to drink Diet Dr. Pepper... 
Back to the counter clutter. This is mostly stuff I left out after using and just never put back. 
This is under Leif's side of the sink, where we keep the medicine and extra towels. I'd like to redo the medicine area and move these towels since I recently updated the towels to red for this bathroom.
Now for the drawers on Leif's side... This is the bottom drawer. It's pretty much just a jumble of toothpaste and cough drops. 
The middle drawer is pretty empty. Contacts, deodorant, beard trimmer. I'm thinking it could be used better.
Leif's top drawer. The most important thing here is the hairbrush. And half of the time it's not even in this drawer. 
This is under the sink on my side. Pretty much just skin care, makeup and whatnot. 
And now for my drawers... this is my bottom drawer. It's the "hair care" drawer.
Aaaaaand the hair tools drawer. Straightener, curling irons, and blow dryer.
This is the top drawer, mostly full of nail polish. Have I mentioned how much I love nail polish? LOL!

Now... the question of Income and Outflow arises. This room is pretty simple. Clean towels come into the room. Dirty towels and trash go out of the room. Cleaning supplies go into the room. 
What I want to feel when I walk into my bathroom is tranquility, as if I am walking into a spa. I want my bathroom to be my own personal spa. It is the place I soak in my jacuzzi tub, where I get pedicures and manicures, where I dye my hair, and where I have facials. My bathroom will be a place of relaxation. 
The next step in this process is to create the systems that will contribute to the feeling of peace and tranquility I want to have in this room. 

If you're joining us this month to get your own space under control, here's a sheet to help you think through these steps... Click the link below the picture to download your copy. 
Download your copy HERE.
















No comments:

Post a Comment