Sunday, November 18, 2012

2013 is coming....

As I think about Thanksgiving preparations and Christmas preparations, I can't help but think about the fact that 2013 is coming, too! And with those thoughts come thoughts of what I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. Most years I have a word that summarizes the theme for my life that year. A few years ago it was CONSISTENCY. Then came OVERCOME. This year my word is...


I am looking forward to simplifying my life this year.

To that end, I am working on a 12 month approach to systematizing my home, and I'd like to invite people to join me! There are lots of areas in which our lives can benefit from systems, but our home is one that I feel benefits the most. When we create systems that help form habits, it makes putting things in their place out of habit easier than putting something in the "I'll do it later" pile. When it's easier to put something away than in a pile, our homes are tidier, freeing us up to do what is truly important in our lives. This is my primary goal for the year - a life in which I spend my time attending to that which is significant, while maintaining the basic provisions of my household.

Nothing worth doing is easy, so I don't think this will be a walk in the park, but it will be worth the effort when, at the turn of 2014, I am living a simpler, yet more fulfilled, life.


This is your official invitation... Will you join me on this journey? Step one is saying yes. Step two will be putting that yes into action, month in and month out, with projects and challenges leading to a systematic home!

No comments:

Post a Comment