Thursday, January 17, 2013

Finishing the Projects...

How are your systems working out for you? I would like to report that my laundry system, while not yet a habit, is going well! I'd still like to tweak it as we go, but right now I do not have piles of laundry all over my room, clean OR dirty! I am following my own rules, and they seem to be working well to keep my bedroom systematically organized.

I have noticed that my daughter brings things into my room and leaves them there, so perhaps I will need to create another system for how to deal with her items. Right now I just gather them together and throw them into her room, but I would like to 1) teach her to stop leaving her things in other people's spaces and 2) stop contributing to the mess in her room. But that will be for another day.

Today I'd like to share with you what I've done to the decorative bookshelves in our room. You know, the ones with picture frames on them that still had the pretend people in them?! Here's what it looks like now...


I admit that it's not something that I LOVE, but I definitely like it better than I did. If you recall, this is what it looked like before:


Better, huh? It has the same elements on the shelves for the most part, but now they actually look like they've been arranged. I also updated the frames. Perhaps one of these days I'll get around to putting actual pictures in the frames, but until then, here's what I did...


They are pages in Greek and in Hebrew with the words "Love God with your whole heart" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." These sum up how I want to live my every day, so I thought they would be a nice touch.

Like I said, it's not my FAVORITE shelfscape ever, but it works. And DONE is BETTER than PERFECT! (Especially if perfect means it will never get done... which in my case is usually true!)

Here's what the whole corner looks like...

Among the other things I did to finish out the room, I moved the blankets from the drawer here to the bedstands. My bedstand now has in it a heating pad and heated throw. My husbands has the other throw. I also moved the candles to the master closet. Maybe they'll head down to the living room when we work on the closet, but right now they have a home and it works! I also labeled the drawers in my dresser. I don't know why I LOVE labels as much as I do, but there's no stopping it! LOL! It's a horrible picture, but here's what the drawer labels look like...


I don't know if you can tell from the picture or not, but I labeled the drawer inside on the ledge that forms the edge of the drawer. That way it's not an eyesore from the outside, but a quick peek inside tells what should go in that drawer.

So my Master Bedroom is, I think, finished. How is yours coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment